Attention gamers: the eagerly awaited Cyberpunk 2077 patch 1.63 has arrived, bringing with it a slew of updates, bug fixes, and quest additions.
Despite its troubled launch in 2020, CD Projekt Red has been actively working to improve the game and tackle the numerous bugs and glitches through downloadable updates.
While significant improvements were made with the game’s transition to the current generation of consoles last year, there are still some remaining challenges for Cyberpunk 2077’s development team to overcome.
The latest update patch for the game, that is Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 1.63 has been released, aiming to address various issues related to the game’s quests and open world.
Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 1.63: Fixes for Quest Issues
Patch 1.63 for Cyberpunk 2077 is now available for PC, PS5, and Xbox Series X/S systems, and it brings several fixes for quest-related issues. Some of the problems that have been addressed include a certain phone call getting stuck on the screen, V randomly experiencing flatline during the “I Walk the Line” quest, and V’s journal lacking objectives in the “Gimme Danger” subplot.
- Fixed an issue where selecting a blue dialogue option while calling Mitch twice could cause the call to be permanently stuck on the screen.
- All Along the Watchtower – Fixed an issue where V gets flatlined after crossing the border.
- Chippin’ In – It is now possible to examine all of the clues on Ebunike before becoming detected.
- Gimme Danger – Fixed an issue where there were no objectives left in the journal.
- I Walk the Line – Fixed an issue that could cause V to randomly flatline during the quest.
- Lightning Breaks – Fixed an issue where Panam wasn’t present in front of the garage and spawned inside the motel instead.
- Machine Gun – Fixed an issue where the dialogue with Skippy wasn’t activated after performing 50 kills, and it wasn’t then possible to unequip Skippy.
- Never Fade Away – Fixed an issue where Rogue despawned from the couch in the Atlantis, blocking progress.
- Only Pain – Fixed an issue where it wasn’t possible to complete the “Defeat the cops” objective because the cops weren’t present at the intended location.
- Play It Safe – Fixed an issue where holograms and platforms in the parade disappeared after an Auto Save was loaded.
- Play It Safe – Fixed an issue where Takemura didn’t call to start the parade mission.
- Pyramid Song – Fixed an issue where Judy teleported underground after entering the church.
- Search and Destroy – Takemura will now move to his hiding spot instead of standing in the middle of the room during Arasaka’s attack.
- Sex on Wheels – Fixed an issue where the Quadra Turbo-R V-Tech spawned underground, blocking progress.
- Small Man, Big Mouth – Enemies and the van now spawn correctly.
- The Heist – Fixed an issue where Jackie wasn’t present in front of the Afterlife.
- With a Little Help from My Friends – Fixed an issue where the Nomads weren’t present at the train station.
These fixes aim to provide a smoother and more immersive gameplay experience by resolving quest-specific issues.
Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 1.63: Open World Improvements
In addition to quest fixes, Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 1.63 also includes improvements for the game’s open world. One notable fix is related to Gigs, where some Gigs wouldn’t start after V enters their designated location. This issue has been resolved, ensuring that players can seamlessly engage with the various Gigs available in the game. Furthermore, regular subtitles appearing instead of the overheard variant when players walk past NPCs in Rancho Coronado have been addressed.
- Fixed some instances where some gigs were stuck in the “Undiscovered” stage and didn’t start after approaching the area.
- Fixed an issue where regular subtitles appeared instead of overhead subtitles for some crowd NPCs in Rancho Coronado.
- Gig: Bloodsport – V will no longer be reflected standing backwards when looking in the mirror in the dojo bathroom.
- Gig: Last Login – Fixed an issue where it was possible to pick up the quest item before the quest was activated, breaking the flow of the mission.
- Gig: Going-away Party – Fixed an issue where it wasn’t possible to get in the car with Flavio.
- Gig: Guinea Pigs – All the security robots in the hotel now properly engage in combat.
- Gig: On a Tight Leash – Fixed an issue that could cause the gig to be stuck without an objective after completing it.
- Gig: Serial Suicide – Fixed an issue where the quest could reactivate again after completion and become stuck on the “Steal the CCTV footage” objective.
- Reported Crime: Blood in the Air – Fixed an issue where the quest was stuck on the “Search the crate” objective even after searching the crate.
- Reported Crime: Comrade Red – Fixed an issue where it wasn’t possible to search the stash.
These fixes contribute to a more immersive and consistent open-world experience.
Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 1.63: UI and Visual Enhancements
The update Cyberpunk 2077 patch 1.63 also addresses several issues surrounding the user interface. One of the fixes involves the “Enemy hack in progress” warning, which was erroneously appearing when players attempted to transfer money. This issue has been resolved, eliminating the misleading warning message. Additionally, there was a problem with items becoming unusable after the player opened the map, but this issue has been fixed as well.
- Fixed an issue where, while transferring money or data, the UI showed the “Enemy hack in progress” text.
- Fixed an issue where devices could become unusable after opening the map.
- Fixed an issue where the FSR toggle wasn’t grayed out after restarting the game with Dynamic Resolution Scaling on.
- Fixed an issue where some surfaces had color artifacts when Path Tracing was enabled.
- Fixed an issue where bright, colorful flashes appeared at the edges of certain objects when DLSS was enabled.
These improvements in the user interface contribute to a smoother and more intuitive gameplay experience.
Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 1.63: System-Specific Fixes
Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 1.63 includes a range of system-specific fixes to address platform-related issues. PC users will be pleased to know that the game will no longer crash at launch when using Razer Chroma peripherals. This fix ensures a more stable and reliable gaming experience for PC players utilizing Razer Chroma devices. On the Xbox Series X/S, the number of available save slots has been changed, providing players with more flexibility and options when managing their game saves.
- Fixed a crash that occurred on launch when using Razer Chroma.
- Fixed an issue where Photo Mode screenshots could appear as empty files and brought them back to their original folder location.
- Improved performance of DLSS Frame Generation on AMD CPUs.
- Changed the number of available save slots on Xbox to 20 for manual saves and 10 for Point of No Return saves. Players who have a number of saves that exceeds the new save limit will need to delete some saves to be able to create new saves.
- Addressed an issue affecting performance on Xbox Series X|S after playing for an extended period of time.
These system-specific fixes enhance the overall performance and user experience on respective platforms.
Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 1.63: Miscellaneous Updates
- Photo Mode stickers and frames will now properly appear on screenshots.
- Padre will now recognize Corpo and Nomad V in the intro holocall.
- Allowed deploying mods from a listing file.
- Updated command help texts.
This patch, Patch 1.63, maybe the final update for Cyberpunk 2077 in the near future, as CD Projekt Red is likely shifting its focus to the upcoming Phantom Liberty DLC. As the development team prepares for the launch of the new story campaign in September, players can enjoy the numerous fixes and refinements introduced in the Patch 1.63 update.
While this might be the final update for a while, fans can rest assured that the development team is dedicated to delivering an even more refined and enjoyable experience with the upcoming Phantom Liberty DLC. In the meantime, players can download Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 1.63 and enjoy the latest fixes and refinements on their preferred gaming platforms.
For constant updates, keep following Gamevro.