Explore Diablo 4’s 1.04 patch notes and go on an unmatched adventure that features thrilling gameplay improvements and seasonal tweaks.
Diablo IV players have eagerly awaited the arrival of 1.04 Patch Notes, and it is finally here. The developers have shared the details of the new season through a live stream, unveiling exciting features such as a new seasonal theme, malignant monsters, and a battle pass system.
Additionally, one of the most significant changes is the inclusion of unique items in Diablo 4 Helltide chests, adding a fresh layer of excitement to the game. Let’s dive into the updates and improvements brought by this new Diablo 4’s 1.04 Patch Notes.
Diablo 4’s 1.04 Patch Notes
The developers have addressed several quality-of-life improvements and bug fixes in Diablo 4’s 1.04 Patch. One notable fix is related to the Barbarian’s Whirlwind ability. Previously, if a cooldown ability was cast during the use of Whirlwind, it would momentarily interrupt the channeling. This issue has been rectified, ensuring a smoother and uninterrupted gameplay experience for Barbarian players.
Additionally, the crafting material cap has been increased from 9999 to 99999. This change provides players with more flexibility and storage space for their crafting materials, allowing them to focus on their gameplay rather than constantly managing inventory.
The developers have also introduced a color-matching system for sockets and malignant hearts in Diablo 4’s 1.04 Patch. This system includes three socket colors and four malignant heart colors, with the fourth color being universally compatible with any socket color. This new system enhances the visual appeal of the game and allows players to customize their character’s appearance according to their preferences.
In addition to the significant changes mentioned above, Diablo 4’s 1.04 Patch addresses various bug fixes and improvements across different aspects of the game. These include fixes related to gameplay, dungeons and quests, UI enhancements, miscellaneous issues, and localization improvements. The developers have also made efforts to improve stability, performance, and visual aspects across all platforms, ensuring a smoother and more enjoyable gaming experience for players.
Diablo 4’s 1.04 Patch: Gameplay Adjustments
- Helltide chests can now drop Unique items.
- The bosses Vhenard, Brol, and Cyhrach have had their health pools and damage output reduced.
- The cap for crafting materials has been increased from 9999 to 99999.
The inclusion of unique items in Diablo 4 Helltide chests is a game-changer. Previously, players would often go for mystery chests to acquire a wide variety of items. However, with this Diablo 4’s 1.04 Patch, the focus shifts to opening slot-specific chests to obtain essential build-related items.
For instance, the Druid’s Tempest Roar helm can now drop from these chests, providing players with a clear objective and reward for their efforts. This change adds depth to the gameplay and encourages players to pursue specific items to enhance their character’s power.
Diablo 4’s 1.04 Patch: Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where the damage multiplier for Enhanced Frozen Orb wasn’t applying correctly.
- Fixed an issue where enemies with the Vortex affix would deal damage through Immunity.
- Fixed an issue where the Elixir of Expertise was reducing resource cost by 10% instead of the displayed 20% value.
- Fixed an issue where the damage bonus from the Paragon Subdue Glyph would be applied to any target instead of only Vulnerable targets.
- Fixed an issue where the Barbarian’s Whirlwind ability would briefly stop channeling when a Cooldown skill was cast while using it.
- Fixed an issue where the guaranteed Overpower buff from the Barbarian’s Earthstriker’s Aspect would be consumed upon gaining any other buff.
- Fixed an issue where the player character would freeze when using the Rogue’s Shadow Step skill if used outside the range of your intended target.
- Fixed an issue where the player could not rotate when casting a Channeled Skill if using a one-hand weapon with no off-hand item equipped.
- Fixed an issue where the Cursed Scrolls in Fields of Hatred had a lower cooldown than the displayed 5-minute cooldown.
- Fixed an issue where Aspects that deal flat damage imprinted through the Codex of Power scaled with player level instead of item power.
- Fixed an issue where the Necromancer’s Shadow Mages weren’t applying extra shadow damage through the Shadowblight Key Passive.
- Fixed an issue where Cheat Death effects would not trigger if you died while mounted.
Quests and Dungeons
- Fixed an issue where a traversal wouldn’t appear during The Blind Eye quest, blocking progression.
- Fixed an issue where the Mother’s Judgement enemy would spawn before the player entered the encounter during the Whispers from the Past quest.
- Fixed multiple issues where Quest progress would be blocked if the player used a Town Portal during specific sequences.
- Fixed various other issues that prevented progression for multiple Quests.
- Fixed an issue where the Forgotten Depths dungeon had one fewer prisoner to release than intended.
- Fixed an issue where teleporting to Wejinhani during the Witch of the Wastes quest would force the player to drop the Vial of Quicksilver, despite the town being an allowed area for the quest.
- Fixed an issue where the Cultist’s Refuge, Howling Warren and Luban’s Rest dungeons couldn’t be completed if the Butcher appeared and was not killed.
- Fixed an issue where Treasure Goblins slain in a Nightmare Dungeon with the Death Pulse Affix would deal significantly more damage than intended with its post-death explosion.
- Fixed an issue where the Mirage quest couldn’t properly be completed.
- Fixed an issue where the QR code used for account linking on console was improperly sized, which made scanning it difficult.
- Fixed an issue where the Imprint cost for Legendary Aspects would be inaccurately displayed.
- Fixed an issue where players on Console would be unable to navigate the Shop after using the Buy More Platinum button.
- Fixed an issue where the Upgrade Glyph tab wouldn’t close after moving away from the Awakened Glyphstone.
- Fixed an issue where a Skill unlocked by item contribution did not have an Assign Skill button in its tooltip.
- Fixed an issue where trading a partial stack while playing with a controller would display a full stack in the tooltip.
- Fixed an issue where the Weekly Reward Cache for defeating a World Boss would display as available if there was an active Whisper for defeating the boss, even when the Cache had already been claimed previously.
- Fixed an issue where the NPC Arlo couldn’t be interacted with.
- Fixed an issue where the Fields of Hatred Killer Cosmetic Set was missing helmets for Druid, Necromancer, and Rogue.
- Fixed an issue where the cost of the Sturdy Saddle Cosmetic from the Stable Vendor would scale with the player character’s Level.
- Fixed an issue where players could lure the Seething Abomination boss in the Alzuuda Fields of Hatred zone to a location where they could damage it, but it couldn’t damage them.
- Fixed an issue where Mount Cosmetics would not properly display if applied while actively mounted.
- Fixed an issue where the camera would pan from the point of death back to the respawn point instead of instantly moving for players in Local Co-Op.
- Fixed an issue where the player and NPC would disappear during a dialogue sequence if the player was actively under the effect of a Conduit shrine. (Demonic trickery strikes again!)
- Various Localization fixes.
- Various other interface and accessibility Improvements.
- Further stability, performance, and visual improvements across all platforms.
- Fixed an issue where transmogs on off-hand Items for Sorcerers would reset upon performing any Inventory action.
Along with the 1.04 Patch update, Blizzard has also announced the upcoming Season of the Malignant, scheduled to begin on July 18. This season will bring new boss monsters, legendaries, and unique items to the eternal realm. The changes introduced in the eternal realm will resonate within the season, providing players with fresh challenges and rewards.
In conclusion, the arrival of Diablo IV Patch 1.04 brings exciting new features, improvements, and bug fixes to the game. The inclusion of unique items in Diablo 4 Helltide chests adds depth and purpose to the gameplay, encouraging players to pursue specific build-related items. The fixes and quality-of-life changes, such as the Barbarian Whirlwind fix and increased crafting material cap, enhance the overall gameplay experience.
With bug fixes and various improvements across all aspects of the game, Diablo IV continues to evolve and provide an engaging and immersive experience for its dedicated fanbase.
For constant updates, keep following Gamevro.