Elden Ring Samurai class builds are something that each beginner in the game should look for prior to taking on their journey in the game.
Elden Ring launched just recently and somehow has managed to garner massive support, admiration, and expectations from its worldwide audience. The action role-playing game was developed by Bandai Namco with the wise collaboration of George R. R. Martin, the author of the famous Game of Thrones series, and has given players a different world to play with.
One aspect of this immersive world is choosing an Elden Ring character class to play as. This happens to be a choice that players have to make at the beginning of the game that will play a major role in the game’s outcome of the gameplay. Elden Ring does not make this step easy on beginners by offering 10 different character classes.
Each of these Elden Ring classes has an entirely different combat experience in the game as each has its strong points and characteristics. This way, players get as close to a personalized choice as possible.
So if you are a beginner, you are probably asking yourself the question of which character class to select. Well, we are here to tell you that the Elden Ring Samurai class acts as a great starting point for beginners. Even experienced players could get something out of the character.
Elden Ring Samurai class
Elden Ring Samurai class is strong, dexterous, and has a lot of stamina. All this combined makes them a good beginner choice. On top of that, you get melee and ranged weapons as soon as you start with the Samurai class.
Sensing that this intro would have convinced you of what a great choice the Elden Ring Samurai class is, we’ve gone a step further and made a list of all the Elden Ring Samurai class builds that you would need to get the very best experience with the Samurai class. This will include armor sets, skills, talismans, and much more.
Elden Ring Samurai class Stats
- Intelligence: 9
- Vigor: 12
- Dexterity: 15
- Arcane: 8
- Mind: 11
- Faith: 8
- Endurance: 12
- Strength: 12
Why you should choose the Elden Ring Samurai class
The reason to choose the Elden Ring Samurai class, especially as a beginner (maybe even as a seasoned player), is because of its versatility. Choosing a Samurai gives you access not only to ranged weapons but also melee weapons. So in effect, you can get both the Longbow and Uchigatana at once.
And another thing is that players can use fire arrows from the beginning of this Elden Ring Samurai class. Dexterity might be necessary to become a skilled Samurai, but without good weapons, no Samurai can last long in battle.
The starting armor of the Samurai class also gives players adequate protection from elemental and physical damage. On top of this, the armor set gives you vitality, focus, robustness, and more, more than any other armor set.
Now that we’re sure that you are convinced of the usefulness of the Elden Ring Samurai class, let’s jump right into the builds.
Top Elden Ring Samurai class Builds
Elden Ring Samurai Class Early game builds
- Primary Stats:
- Dexterity: 25+
- Vigor: 20+
- Secondary Stats:
- Endurance: 20+
- Strength: 15+
- Longbow: This is the starting ranged weapon in the Samurai class. But there’s more. This is also one of the best long-ranged bows in the game. Along with this, you get the Mighty Shot skill, which is what gets your bow through the enemy ranks. You’ll see that you use this weapon no matter where you are in the game.
- Golem Great Bow: This bow is similar to the Longbow in terms of range. But it delivers more damage and also, it scales as your strength and dexterity rise. You can farm for this bow by killing Golem soldiers outside Castle Morne.
- Uchigatana: This is the starting Katana in the Elden Ring Samurai class. And believe us, you will be using this for a lengthy period before you finally decide you need more strength. Uchigatana scales with Strength and Dexterity. It causes pierce and slash damage to combatants. You also get a hemorrhage passive skill in this that causes blood loss buildup. There is also the option of dual-wielding this weapon. You can find a second Uchigatana in Deathtouched catacombs.
- Dragonscale Blade: This is a Dragonscale Katana, and it is rightly described as deathly. It does slash and pierce damage and scales with dexterity and strength. It has a skill called Ice Lighting Sword. The effect of this skill is to leave targets with an ice lighting status effect. Defeat the Dragonkin Soldier in the Lake of Rot to acquire this magnificent Katana.
- Armor Sets:
- Land of Reeds: The starting armor for the Elden Ring Samurai class, the Land of Reeds armor is a medium-weight armor set. It will last you for a good amount of time, just like the starting weapons.
- Ronin’s Set: Ronin’s Set offers somewhat more protection than the Land of Reeds armor, while still being a medium-weight armor. On top of that, it gives you higher Vitality and Immunity. Complete the Bloody Finger Hunter Yura’s questline and unlock the Ronin’s Set.
- Bull-Goat Set: Out of the rest of the armors, this one offers the most amount of protection against elemental and physical damage. As you can guess, warriors wear this heavy-weight armor. If you want this armor set, go kill the Great Horned Tragoth in the Patches’ questline.
- Ash of War: Unsheathe: This puissant skill comes pre-equipped with the Uchigatana. If you decide to two-handing the weapon, take this stance and let out a potent slash that will annihilate single or multiple enemies.
- Ash of War: Mighty Shot: This Ash of War comes is part and parcel of the Longbow. It allows you to penetrate an enemy’s defense and is a charged skill shot.
- Arrow’s Reach: This increases the range of the shots and allows them from longer distances and to deliver more damage. Find this in a tower to the southwest of Stormhill Evergaol.
- Erdtree’s Favor: This Talisman increases stamina, equip load, and health. The higher the equip load, the easier the movements and more freedom in dodges. Locate this in Fringefolk Hero’s grave.
- Green Turtle Talisman: Increase your stamina recovery and perform skills with fewer time lags with this Talisman.
- Axe Talisman: This Talisman increases the damage delivered by charged attacks. You can find this in a cellar underneath the Eastern Limgrave’s Mistwood ruins.
The Flask Spread is not that important now, because most of the flasks deal with HP. There’s just one for FP.
Elden Ring Samurai Class Late game builds
- Primary Stats:
- Dexterity: 40+
- Vigor: 40+
- Strength: 30+
- Secondary Stats:
- Arcane: 20+
- Intelligence: 20+
- Moonveil: This weapon in the Elden Ring Samurai class has a lethally potent Transcient Moonlight skill that gives players the ability to do an instant slash attack that delivers immense damage to even bosses, and drops their HP bar directly to 50%. Also, it can do the highest blood loss buildup. You have to have at least 23 Intelligence to wield Moonveil. Find this at the Magma Wyrm in Caelid’s Gale Tunnel.
- Nagakiba: Having twice the range of the Uchigatana, the Nagakiba katana has incredible range and can hit multiple enemies with ease. It scales with strength and dexterity. It can deliver a lot of slash and pierce damage. It has a hemorrhage passive skill. Get this from Bloody Finger Hunter Yura. Either kill him or complete his questline.
- Rivers of Blood: This delivers the same bleed buildup as the Moonveil. Also, it has the Corpse Piler, a skill that allows you to make a chain of successive attacks for some FP. You need to defeat Bloody Finger Okina in the Mountain tops of the Giants for this. Also, you’ll need at least 20 Arcane to be able to wield it.
- Pulley Bow: This has the longest range and scales with Strength and Dexterity and delivers a lot of damage. It has the Mighty Shot skill to help you make powerful charged shots. Get this in a siege tower near Mt. Gelmir campsite.
- Armor Sets:
- White Reed Set: Medium-weight armor giving balanced protection from physical and elemental damages. Find this at the Spiritcaller Cave.
- Beast Champion Set: An really heavy-weight armor can withstand great physical and elemental damage. Loot this from Knight Bernahl.
- General Radahn Set: Provides the greatest protection possible and the best late-game armor in Elden Ring. Buy this armor for 36,000 runes from Enia at the Roundtable hold.
- Transcient Moonlight: Skill unique to the Moonveil katana. Perform attacks at instant slashing speed and decrease their health substantially.
- Ash of War: Hoarfrost Stomp: Inflict frostbite status effect on multiple enemies at once. This is unique to the Rivers of Blood katana.
- Ash of War: Thunderbolt: Summon lighting with your sword and electrocute enemies. Kill a Teardrop Scarab in Leyndall, Royal Capital to acquire this.
- Lord of Blood’s Exultation: This increases your power of attack when there is a blood spill nearby. Get this at Leyndell Catacombs by killing Esgar, Priest of Blood.
- Winged Sword Insignia: Increases the power of the strikes with successive hits. Find this talisman at Stillwater Cave by killing Cleanbot Knight.
- Arrow’s Sting Talisman: This raises the damage and attack power of arrows and bolts. Loot this talisman from a chest in a tower on top of Caelid’s Impassable Greatbridge.
Well, there you go, folks! That’s what we recommend to get the strongest Elden Ring Samurai class build. Do give this a try. You’ll be surprised by how well you can use something ordinary in Elden Ring.
We will update you with the new information as soon as it comes out, so keep following Gamevro.