A guide on the best Genshin Impact Diluc build would definitely help players use the 5-star to the best of his abilities.
Genshin Impact, the action role-playing game developed and published by miHoYo, gives players a wide and remarkable roster of characters to choose from. One such amazing character is Diluc Ragnvindr.
Genshin Diluc is a 5-star Pyro claymore playable character. He comes from Mondstadt. Along with being a highly respected nobleman in Mondstadt, he is also the current owner of the Dawn Winery. Plus, he is basically royalty as he was born into the powerful Ragnvindr Clan.
Diluc holds the record for being the youngest Cavalry Captain of the Knights of Favonius. He fulfills his father’s wish for him to be a safeguard for the City of Freedom and a highly respected knight. He has, however, split with the Knights of Favonius. But that hasn’t stopped him from attaining the title of Darknight Hero from Mondstadt’s population.
Genshin Impact Diluc Ragnvindr happens to be the first Main DPS that was introduced in Genshin Impact. You can get him from the Standard and Character Event banners. Diluc remains one of the best Pyro characters even after two years of its release because of his unique gameplay.
So, we think it’s amply clear that a Genshin Impact Diluc build guide is a beneficial subject to talk about. And that is exactly what this post is. Read on!
CHECK OUT: Genshin Impact 2.8 banner leak: Yoimiya and Kazuha rerun release in different phases
Genshin Impact Diluc Build guide
Genshin Impact Diluc Abilities
Here you will find a brief summary of Genshin Impact Diluc abilities:
Normal Attack: Tempered Sword
- Charged Attack: Continuous slashes are dealt at the cost of Stamina. Deal a more potent slash at the finish of the sequence.
- Normal Attack: Deals at most 5 rapid attacks.
- Plunging Attack: Strikes downward from mid-air to the ground, dealing damage to the targets along the trajectory and doing AoE DMG on impact.
Genshin Impact Diluc Elemental Skill – Searing Onslaught
A forward slash doing Pyro DMG is done. It can be done at most 3 times in a row. If it is not cast again within a short amount of time, he enters CD.
Genshin Impact Diluc Elemental Burst – Dawn
Fierce flames are spit which knocks back targets nearby and does Pyro DMG. The said flames then meet at the weapon, which invokes a Phoenix. This bird then darts forth and causes a lot of Pyro DMG to all enemies in its way. Upon arriving at its destination, it explodes and again causes a lot of AoE Pyro DMG. The hot flames that flow down the blade make the word infused with Pyro.
Genshin Impact Diluc Passive Talents
- Ragnvindr’s Charged Attack Stamina Cost comes down by 50%, and it last longer by 3 seconds.
- Blessing of Phoenix
- With this talent, the Pyro Infusion given by the Elemental Burst Dawn gets its duration increased by 4s. Diluc also acquires 20% Pyro DMG Bonus for as long as the effect lasts.
- Tradition of the Dawn Knight
- When Forging Claymore-type arms are used, 15% of the ores are refunded.
CHECK OUT: Best Genshin Impact Venti build: artifacts, weapons, and more
Genshin Impact Diluc Constellations
You can find Diluc’s constellations below in the format [Constellation: Effect].
- Conviction: (unlocks at C1) Deals more DMG by 15% for those whose HP > 50%.
- Searing Ember: (unlocks at C2) 10% of ATK is increased when he undergoes DMG. ATK SPD increases by 5% and it goes on for 10s. This effect stacks thrice. It happens once every 1.5s.
- Fire and Steel: (unlocks at C3) Level of Searing Onslaught increased by 3. Maximum upgrade is Level 15.
- Flowing Flame: (unlocks at C4) Casting Searing Onslaught for the second time after 2s of the first one does 40% more DMG. Lasts for 2s.
- Phoenix, Harbinger of Dawn: (unlocks at C5) Dawn Level is increased by 3. Maximum upgrade is Level 15.
- Flaming Sword, Nemesis of the Dark: (unlocks at C6) 2 Normal Attacks within 6s of Searing Onslaught cast have the DMG and ATK SPD up by 30%. Searing Onslaught won’t heckle Normal Attack combo.
Genshin Impact Diluc Gameplay
As Diluc is a claymore character, he is slower relative to other DPS characters. However, he can take down opponents with his brute strength and tower above almost every opponent. You want Diluc to stay on the field.
For a great Diluc build, you should get the 4-piece Crimson Witch of Flames artifact set, and a good claymore. The mentioned artifact set is maximized fully by Genshin Impact Diluc.
Infused with Pyro, and doing Pyro damage, Searing Onslaught lets him throw his claymore at the enemies. Diluc’s skill can be used thrice consecutively. The maximum interval is 3s. An alternating combo of physical and elemental attacks is possible with the elemental skill.
Dawn, Diluc’s elemental burst talent, does huge damage and can group up loads of enemies. The claymore is imbibed with Pyro after the elemental burst.
Pairing Diluc up with Xingqiu or Chingyun is the best option. Pairing with Bennet increases attacks by 20%. For maximum damage, use Hydro and Cyro combined with Diluc’s burst and skill. Also, you can use him as Pyro support of Ayaka.
CHECK OUT: Genshin Impact Dendro leak: suggests new world boss and farming material
Genshin Impact Diluc Artifact Set Guide
The best artifact set for a Pyro character like Diluc would be the Crimson Witch of Flames. Gladiator’s Finale is also great.
Crimson Witch of Flames
- 4-piece set: Overloaded and Burning DMG increased by 40%. Vaporize and Melt DMG by 15%. Use Elemental Skill to increase the 2-piece Set Bonus by 50% for 10s. It can be stacked thrice at max.
- 2-piece set: 15% increase in Pyro DMG Bonus
- 4-piece set: Normal Attack DMG increased by 35% if Diluc has a Claymore, Polearm, or Sword.
- 2-piece set: ATK is increased by 18%.
Genshin Impact Diluc Artifact Builds
- Sub-DPS or Pyro Support Build
4-piece Crimson Witch of Flames or 4-piece Gladiator’s Finale
Flower, Pyro DMG Bonus%, Feather, ATK%, CRIT DMG or Rate
- Standard EM Build
4-piece Crimson Witch of Flames
ATK%, Flower, Pyro DMG Bonus%, Feather, CRIT DMG or Rate
CHECK OUT: Genshin Impact 3.0 beta test: registration guide, new Dendro, and Sumeru leaks
Genshin Impact Diluc Talent Upgrade Materials
Multiply the materials listed below by 3 as there are 3 upgradable talents for Diluc. The format of the entries is [Material: Amount].
- Philosophies of Resistance: 38
- Dvalin’s Plume: 6
- Sergeant’s Insignia: 22
- Lieutenant’s Insignia: 31
- Mora: 1,652,500
- Teachings of Resistance: 3
- Guide to Resistance: 21
- Crown of Insight: 1
- Recruit’s Insignia: 6
Genshin Impact Diluc Ascension Materials
You can see the ascension materials for Diluc from levels 1-90 in the format [Level X – Y: Materials].
- Level 20 – 40:
Small Lamp Grass ×3
Agnidus Agate Silver ×1
Recruit’s Insignia ×3
- Level 40 – 50:
Small Lamp Grass ×10
Agnidus Agate Fragment ×3
Recruit’s Insignia ×15
Hoarfrost Core ×2
- Level 50 – 60:
Small Lamp Grass ×20
Agnidus Agate Fragment ×6
Sergeant’s Insignia ×12
Hoarfrost Core ×4
- Level 60 – 70
Small Lamp Grass ×30
Agnidus Agate Chunk ×3
Sergeant’s Insignia ×18
Hoarfrost Core ×8
- Level 70 – 80
Small Lamp Grass ×45
Agnidus Agate Chunk ×6
Lieutenant’s Insignia ×12
Hoarfrost Core ×12
- Level 80 – 90
Small Lamp Grass ×60
Agnidus Agate Gemstone ×6
Lieutenant’s Insignia ×24
Hoarfrost Core ×20
CHECK OUT: How to get Genshin Impact Kokomi Ascension Material: Sango Pearls location and free collection
Best Genshin Impact Diluc weapons
- Base Attack: 46, at Level 90: 608
ATK: 10.8%, at Level 90: 49.6%
ATK has a 20% increase. If enemies with below 30% HP are hit, every member’s ATK has a 40% increase for 12s. Occurs once every 30s.
- Base Attack: 48, at Level 90: 674
Energy Recharge: 8.0%, at Level 90: 36.8%
All DMG increases by 8%. After Normal, Charged Attack, or Elemental Burst, when hit, a vacuum blade deals 80% ATK as DMG to enemies in its path. Goes on for 8 blades or 20s.
- Base Attack: 42, at Level 90: 510
CRIT Rate: 6.0%, at Level 90: 27.6%
Every 4 seconds on the field will gain the character 3% more DMG and will do 6% more DMG. Maximum 5 stacks are available and no reset is there if the player goes off-field. The effect is reduced by 1 stack if the character takes DMG.
- Base Attack: 44, at Level 90: 565
CRIT DMG: 6.0%, at Level 90: 27.6%
50% chance of Normal and Charged Attacks of doing +240% ATK DMG on hit inside a small AoE. Happens once every 15s.
- Base Attack: 42, at Level 90: 510
CRIT DMG: 12.0%, at Level 90: 55.1%
ATK increases by 12% after the defeat of an enemy for 30s. Maximum 3 stacks for this effect, the duration of each being independent of one another.
- Base Attack: 46, at Level 90: 608
ATK: 10.8%, at Level 90: 49.6%
Shield Strength gets +20%. Impacting hits on enemies increases ATK by 4% for 8s. 5 stacks maximum. Happens once every 0.3s. ATK increase effect increases by 100% when shielded by a shield.
- Base Attack: 42, at Level 90: 454
ATK: 12.0%, at Level 90: 55.1%
Elemental Burst DMG increases by 12%. If it hits enemies, 100% chance of invoking a wave of tuna which charges and does 100% AoE DMG ATK. Happens once every 15s.
CHECK OUT: Best Genshin Impact Ayaka build: artifacts, weapons, and more
A final note of weapons
You get lots of great weapon choices with Diluc. Wolf’s Gravestone, for one, is a great 5-star claymore for Diluc. You get a lot of ATK and give an attack boost to the party. Serpent Spine is a good 4-star alternative because of the high CRIT Rate and the passive.
Prototype Archaic is a fine 4-star free weapon too. It has a good ATK% substat. Blackcliff Slasher, which can be bought with the Masterless Starglitter, is another option.
Skyward Pride has good case ATK and energy recharge. The Unforged requires a shield character for its passive, but is a powerful choice. Luxurious Sea-Lord is great too.
Best Genshin Impact Diluc Team Comp
Some famous team comps are:
- Xingqiu, Bennett, Zhongli, Diluc.
- Xingqiu, Bennett, Sucrose, Diluc.
- Xingqiu, Ayaka, Diona, Diluc.
And that is all we have for the best Genshin Impact Diluc build, complete with artifacts and weapons.
We will update you with the new information, so keep following Gamevro.