A new handheld gaming market, Lenovo Legion Go’s specs, designs, features, release date, and price have been leaked early before the official reveal.
We learned a few weeks ago that Lenovo is developing a new device named the “Lenovo Legion Go” with the intention of joining the handheld gaming market. And now Lenovo’s upcoming handheld gaming PC, Legion Go, has been detailed in a leaked spec sheet.
It resembles Asus ROG Ally and GPD Win but offers a more advanced visual experience, including optional AR glasses. The Legion Go is powered by AMD’s Ryzen Z1 Extreme chip, with a 2560 x 1600 pixel QHD IPS screen boasting a 144Hz refresh rate, surpassing competitors. It also features 7,500 Mhz LPDDR5X RAM and up to 1TB of internal storage. Additionally, Lenovo unveiled AR glasses for $499, emulating a 1080p 60Hz screen, which can receive signals from any USB-C device.
Lenovo Legion Go Leak
WindowsReport has recently received a document from an anonymous source that contains nine pages extracted from Lenovo’s official press release. Scheduled for release on September 1, 2023, to various media outlets, this document also included a private YouTube video link that showcases the device comprehensively. Although the video trailer was not shared, it has found its way onto the internet.
Here is the basic overview of what has been leaked about Lenovo Legion Go:
- The device shares similarities with Asus ROG Ally and GPD Win, featuring AMD’s Ryzen Z1 Extreme chip.
- Legion Go boasts an ambitious visual experience with higher resolution and optional AR glasses.
- The gaming PC will be unveiled at IFA 2023 in Berlin and shipped in October for $799.
- The APU is a variant of the Ryzen 7 7840U, optimized for gaming with tweaked wattage and voltage.
- Its standout feature is an 8.8″ 2560 x 1600 pixel QHD IPS screen with VRR and 144Hz refresh rate.
- Lenovo’s resolution choice allows better performance and power conservation by scaling down to 720p or 800p.
- The device offers 7,500 Mhz LPDDR5X RAM and up to 1TB of internal storage.
- Additional Micro OLED AR glasses are available for $499, simulating a virtual 1080p 60Hz screen.
- Legion Go features two USB-C ports with USB 4.0, DisplayPort 1.4, and Power Delivery 3.0.
Lenovo Legion Go Design and Features
The Lenovo Legion Go’s design closely resembles other contenders in the handheld gaming arena. The arrangement of joysticks, buttons, and the color palette seems reminiscent of the Steam Deck and ROG Ally. However, setting it apart, the Legion Go introduces removable controllers similar to the Nintendo Switch’s Joy-cons.
Indeed, similar to the Joy-con controllers on the Switch, the Lenovo Legion Go will also sport detachable controllers, implying the inclusion of a touchscreen. The device’s rear boasts significant vents, suggesting a focus on thermal management. Additionally, Lenovo has incorporated a built-in backstand to provide support when using the removable controllers for gameplay.
If these renderings are authentic, alongside the speculated 8-inch screen and AMD Phoenix CPU, the Lenovo Legion Go could potentially be a compelling contender in the handheld gaming market. Otherwise, it would be an intriguing amalgamation of existing gaming handheld features available today.
Lenovo Legion Go Specs
Let’s delve into the full specifications of the Lenovo Legion Go:
- Dimensions (L x W x H): Base Module: 210mm x 131mm x 20mm; Base Module w/ Controllers Attached: 299mm x 131mm x 41mm
- Weight: Controllers Detached: 640g; Controllers Attached: 854g
- Color: Shadow Black
- Display: 8.8” QHD+ (2560 x 1600) IPS; 16:10 10-point Touch (144Hz / 97% DCI-P3 / 500nits / 83% AAR)
- Touchpad: Multi-finger
- Processor: Up to AMD Ryzen Z1 Extreme with AMD RDNA Graphics
- Memory: 16GB 7500Mhz LPDDR5X on board
- Storage: 256GB / 512GB / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2242
- Operating System: Windows 11 Home
- Battery: 2-cell 49.2WHr Super Rapid Charge Controller battery capacity: 900mah
- Power Adapter: USB Type-C, 65W AC adapter
- Ports: Top: 3.5mm audio combo jack, 1 x USB Type-C (USB 4.0, DisplayPort™ 1.4, Power Delivery 3.0), 1 x microSD card reader; Bottom: 1 x USB Type-C (USB 4.0, DisplayPort 1.4, Power Delivery 3.0)
- Control and Input: Gamepad Controls – Legion L/RABXY buttons, D-pad, L & R hall effect joysticks, L & R bumpers, L & R analog triggers, Legion L & R buttons, View button (L), Menu button (L), Trackpad (R), 6 x assignable grip buttons, 1 x mouse wheel (R), 1 x mouse sensor (R), 2 x controllers release buttons, Haptics: HD haptics, Gyro: 6-Axis IMU
- Audio: 2 x 2W Speakers, Dual-array near-field microphone
- Connectivity: 2 x 2 Wi-Fi 6E (802.11 ax), Bluetooth® 5.2
- Software: Legion Space, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate – Complimentary 3-month membership
Lenovo Legion Go Release Date and Price
As per sources, the Lenovo Legion Go will be unveiled on September 1st and will be available for purchase starting from October 2023 at a price of €799/$799.
For now, all eyes are on Lenovo’s official unveiling of the device in the market, eagerly awaiting further details and insights.
For constant updates, keep following Gamevro.