A list of the anticipated new titles that will be unveiled during the PlayStation Showcase 2023 has leaked online.
Sony Interactive Entertainment has been making PlayStation video game consoles since December 3, 1994. The brand includes two handhelds, a phone, a media center, a line of controllers, numerous periodicals, and five home video game consoles.
Sony holds a number of events, such as PlayStation Experience, State of Play, and PlayStation Showcase, to advertise its game.
Sony has been holding “State of Play” gatherings to display some of the fresh titles created by outside developers on the PlayStation 5. Additionally, Sony Interactive Entertainment hosts the PlayStation Showcase, an annual event for the video game industry, to showcase and promote PlayStation games and game-related products.
On September 9, 2021, the last PlayStation Showcase was held. At the event, a number of titles, including Spider-Man 2 and God of War: Ragnarok, were unveiled. And now Sony has announced PlayStation Showcase 2023.
Sony merely revealed the date, but rumors regarding the PlayStation Showcase 2023 games that would be shown off at the event have been circulating.
PlayStation Showcase 2023 Games Leak
On May 24 at 1 p.m. PT, 4 p.m. ET, and 9 p.m. BST, the next PlayStation Showcase, PlayStation Showcase 2023, is planned and the program will concentrate on PS5 and PS VR2 titles currently in development by renowned developers from around the globe.
But before the official announcement, a list that purports to be a list of PlayStation Showcase 2023 games expected to be revealed on May 24th has been making the rounds on the internet.
The list comes from a Twitter user, @srb_photo, and according to them, the developers are the source of the list. These titles on this leaked PlayStation Showcase 2023 Games list are:
- The Last of Us Faction – Naughty Dog – PS5 Console Exclusive
- Twisted Metal – Firesprite – PS5 Console Exclusive
- Pragmata – Capcom – PS5
- Resident Evil 4 VR – Capcom – PSVR2 Exclusive
- Snake Eater: Subsequent – Virtuos Studios/Konami – PS5 Console Launch Exclusive
- Silent Hill 2 – Bloober Team/Konami – PS5 Console Launch Exclusive
- Mortal Kombat – NetherRealm Studios/Warner Bros. – PS5
- Final Fantasy VII Rebirth – Square Enix – PS5 Launch Exclusive
- Disney Domination – Square Enix – PS5
- Astro’s Conquest – Team Asobi – PSVR2 Exclusive
- Half-Life Alyx – Valve – PSVR2
- Death Stranding 2 – Kojima Productions – PS5 Exclusive
- Stellar Blade – Shift UP Corporation – PS5 Exclusive
- Hades II – Supergiant Games – PS5
- Darkest Dungeon 2 – Red Hook Studios – PS5
- Goodbye Volcan High – KO_OP – PS5 Console Launch Exclusive
- The Dishwasher Collection – SKA Studio – PS5 console Launch Exclusive
- Ghost of a Tale 2 – SeithCG – PS5
- Lost Soul Aside – UltiZeroGames – PS5 Console Exclusive
- Killzone – Firewalk – PS5 Console Exclusive
- Ghost of Komokuro – Sucker Punch – PS5 Exclusive
- Helldivers 2 – Arrowhead Game Studios – PS5 Console Exclusive
- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 – Insomniac Games – PS5 Exclusive
- Darkside – Santa Monica Studio – PS5 Exclusive
The leaker allegedly made the following claims about PlayStation Showcase 2023:
- Twisted Metal F2P
- Kratos will appear in Mortal Kombat exclusively on the PlayStation 5
- DS2 is not Death Stranding 2, the real name won’t be revealed
- Killzone will have a campaign, seemingly a reboot of the series
- Snake Eater: Subsequent (MetalGearSolid) will have a brand new ending
- There will be some gameplay on Pragmata
- HalfLife Alyx is a significant development in the relationship between PlayStation and Valve software.
- The Darkside trailer is entirely CGI.
- TLOU Factions will be ready to debut this year.
- FFVII Rebirth will be delayed till mid-2024.
Now that we know the names, it is important to verify it the leak is believable or not.
PlayStation Showcase 2023 Games List – Real or Fake?
There are many warning signs in this PlayStation Showcase 2023 leak right now.
First off, erroneous branding is used by Mortal Kombat, Death Stranding, Hades, and Spider-Man. In the image, Mortal Kombat 1 is simply referred to as Mortal Kombat. Then, there is Spider-Man without a capital M, Death Stranding 2 is referred to as ds2, Hadès instead of Hades, and Half-Life Alyx instead of Half-Life: Alyx.
Also, using the whole name by the developers would be incredibly out of character and in my experience, such a running list would refer to unreleased titles by their code names.
Additionally, no company has a practical list of real names for showcases one week prior to the event.
This was also refuted by Jeff Grub, a known name in the industry, who also asserted that nothing from Sucker Punch will be revealed, and there is no Ghost of Tsushima sequel, hence this list is bogus.
Aside from the errors mentioned above, no PC versions of already released games are included in this list. It was revealed that Demon’s Souls and Ghost of Tsushima would have PC ports, so it is expected that they will be a part of this PlayStation Showcase 2023 event.
The next Last of Us and Insomniac Wolverine game, Marvel’s Spider-Man 2, and Final Fantasy 16 are some of the titles that fans are anticipating. However, only official announcements during PlayStation Showcase 2023 will be able to validate these.
We will keep you updated with new information, so keep following Gamevro.